12.20.2011

Frustration: In the Sleepy-Wakingness of Life (12/19)

December 19th
Frustration: What was one of the biggest frustrations you had this year? What will you do to deal with it in 2012? Or, will you even have to?

The first thing I can think of is sleep. Either trouble falling asleep or waking from sleep, one or the other.

This year, I struggled with falling asleep. So, I bought aromatherapy, started bubble baths, and even read really boring books before bed. 

When that didn't work, I gave up coffee. I believed if I gave up coffee it would help me be tired enough to go to bed early enough so I would wake up on time. But, I missed the coffee...

It helped me most nights, but not the ones that count.

I also have trouble waking up. I set four alarms and sleep through almost all of them. It got so bad that my Mom has to call me a couple times just to make sure I do wake up.

This is frustrating; but, sometime between September and today I decided to not be frustrated by it. I'm either going to fall asleep, or I'm not. I'm going to wake up on time, or when the last alarm goes off, or I won't. There's just no forcing the issue.

What I can do in 2012 is nap more. Treat myself to more relaxing adventures from massages, to vacations. Or, I can just keep drinking the coffee. 

No comments:

Post a Comment