12.26.2011

Faith: In Getting Up Again (12/24)


December 24th
Faith: 80% of Americans, Christian or not, believe in angels. Do you believe in angels? Where is your faith rooted? How have you kept your faith alive this year? How do you plan to keep your hope in it in 2012?

Faith, for me, is a definitive part of who I am. They say, and it is true, that faith is believing in what you cannot see. For some, it's that they'll win the game, or that they'll get the job, or that they'll have a son. For others, it's that the man (or woman) they love will want to spend the rest of their lives with them.

Faith is about knowing and believing in something that you have no absolute evidence is true. 

I place my faith in my friendships, in my family, and in every person I encounter.

"I have to have faith it will work out," we say.

At Church on this night, December 24th, we talked about how we all believe in something or someone. As a Christian, it's in the story of Jesus and how He did die on the cross for our sins. Yet, I also believe that even for those who don't believe those who do show up in their lives. That we all somehow provide the gift of a forgiving spirit and a loving God through our friendships. 

I never give up hope and never lose faith. 


Faith is in the getting back up again, even if you've fallen time and time again.

No comments:

Post a Comment